Monday, February 25, 2013

January 20, 2013

Dear Family and Friends, what is up? How is everything going out in
the winter wonderland? I have a new nephew! Congratulations Britt,
Marianne, Rhett, Jack, and Kate! He looks super cute. Keep sending me
more pics! Everything is going pretty great here in Thonburi. I can't
believe how fast this week flew by, and transfers are next week! It
stills feels like I just barely got to Bangkok. Anyway, it was a
pretty solid week, got a lot of good things done. Monday, we got to go
and see Dan again. We got out a whiteboard, and had him write out some
words in English. His spelling skills are amazing. His favorite word
is Connecticut. Tuesday, I was in so much pain. The sports day last
Monday absolutely killed me. I haven't done that much physical
activity in around 9 months. It felt like the first day of football
try-outs, times 3, and it lasted for almost the entire week. But don't
worry, I'm good now. That day, we went and looked for houses. We went
to an area that we thought might have some potential, but after
scoping things out, we found nothing. So we made our way back to the
church and taught English Class later that night. It went pretty well,
but man it's hard to get the students involved sometimes. Any
suggestions? After all the classes were over, some of the members came
out with a pizza that had some candles stuck in it and sang happy
birthday. It was pretty funny, and the pizza was delicious. Wednesday
was...my birthday! Happy 20th Carli! Hope it was a great day for you.
It was a solid day for me. We had District Meeting and learned some
good stuff on the importance of extending commitments. Something that
I definitely need to work on. We then slammed as a District. White
chocolate Tim-Tams with banana milk is so good. I really hope they
have that stuff in America, because I will hit it up right when I get
home. Me and E. Oakeson hopped in a taxi, and went to the mall in
Thonburi. We were going to eat at Sizzler, but it wouldn't have been
worth it because of how full we already were, so we just got a pretzel
instead. We had planned to teach both Dukadan and Jume later that
night, but Dukadan called and cancelled. She had some work meeting. Me
and E. Oak were both very bummed, but we did get to meet with Jume. It
was a good lesson on the Plan of Salvation, cleared up some questions,
and got her even more excited about being baptized. She is right on
track for the 27th. Keep praying for her! Thursday was a long one, but
I was happy about it. We went to lunch, and then went home to do our
long-planning. But after looking at our house, we both decided that it
needed a good cleaning (again). We went to town! We actually
rearranged some furniture so that there would be more room, and it's a
lot better. I'm putting the hammer down on keeping it clean, too. No
more leaving junk all over the place. The bathroom is still...well
it's the bathroom, and I think I'll just endure and let it be until we
move out. After that, we hopped on a bus and rode for a bit, and then
got in a taxi and went looking for an address that the AP's gave us.
Apparently some guy that is living in America called them and said his
sister is really sick and living in our area, and he wanted us to go
and give her a blessing. It took a while to find the right house, but
we finally tracked her down. Her leg was super swollen, and the
doctors didn't really know what was wrong. Her name is Ploy, and she's
actually a twin, just like me! She's been a member for quite a while,
but hasn't been to church in ages (she didn't even know there was a
church as close as the Thonburi building). Hopefully starts coming
back! I got to administer the blessing, and it was an awesome
experience. The Spirit was very strong, and the words just came out
(even though it's pretty tough giving a blessing in Thai). She has a
lot of Faith, so I'm sure she'll be blessed. After that we went to an
RC's house, Bro. Banjud and gave a lesson to him. Friday was a
successful day as well. At around noon, we went and taught a guy named
Nung at the church. He's a guy that the Bangkok North Zone Leaders
found, and he lives in our area. We taught him the Restoration, and
it's apparent he has a lot of faith. So we decided to extend him the
baptismal date of Feb. 17th. Pray for him! That night, we were FINALLY
able to meet with Dukadan. We watched the Restoration DVD and talked a
lot about faith, and I really feel that she is more committed. Keep
praying for her! Saturday was kind of uneventful. We were able to
home-teach the Bishop, so that was good. That's what this ward (and
all of Thailand) needs. Solid home and visiting teaching. After the
lesson there, I started feeling a sore throat coming on, and by the
next morning, it had hit me full bore. Sunday was rough because I was
feeling so horrible, but I pushed through it. After church, I went to
Ward Council while E. Oak taught Sis. Fuse. He said it went well, we
just have to find out when she can get baptized now. We were then able
to have a quick lesson with Jume on the 10 commandments. She got them
all down, and is totally willing to follow them. Once we got home, I
went and crashed for a while, got up and planned, and then crashed
again. I'm feeling quite a bit better today, so I should be good to go
this week. All we have going on today is Dan's, so it should be a good
day.
So how is everything there? As I said, Graham looks awesome! It's
crazy that me and Carli are 20. No more teens in the family!
Well, gotta go. The Church is True! Keep praying for 1000 baptisms!
Love, Elder Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment