Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13, 2012

Dear Family,
 
Hello! How are you all? I am doing so great. I love the MTC. So tired though, constantly. I definitely haven't gotten used to this sleep schedule yet, but I'm working on it. It's just hard to fall asleep that early (but yes, red has made it easier).
So you're all sick? I'm sorry! That's terrible. Luckily I've dodged it, I feel totally fine. I'm surprised I did since I was hugging so many people last week. Can you believe it's been a week?! It feels like I've been here for a month, but at the same time it feels like I was just walking up the path yesterday. So like I said, I saw Elder Jared Hansen about 20 seconds after I walked away, so that helped, and I see Elder Gerrard all the time because he's just at the end of my hall in my residence. It helps to see a familiar face. So I just got back from the temple, it was amazing. Such a great spirit there, especially being with my entire zone. We're all so close, I love all of these guys. My comps, Elder Bartling and Elder Cox are great. They're nothing like me, but we work and get along really well together. We've been teaching an investigator named Top (I don't remember if I told you that already). It's gone really well. We've taught him 3 times, and I really think he's starting to get the message. The language is coming along pretty fast, I can pray and bear my testimony and say quite a few more things. But don't worry, I'm staying humble, because I know I couldn't do it without the Lord's help. My teacher, Bro. Olsen is great! He's only about 24, but he can teach us so much so fast, it's amazing. The food here really isn't that bad, and there's SO MUCH of it. I've never eaten so much in my life. I'm definitely going to put on weight. I'm at 154 right now, I'll keep you updated on the progress. My district has made the goal to finish the Book of Mormon at least by the time we leave the MTC. That's about 10 pages a day, with time to spare. I encourage you all to do it with me if you want! I know it will bless the life of anyone who does it, I've already seen blessings come into my life from it. My first Sunday was great! Being able to take the sacrament, and then just focus on the Spirit instead of the language was very relaxing and stress-relieving. Thanks so much for the package! It was nice to have a taste of home in those cookies, and I was very happy to get my letter writing stuff and photo book back (whoops!). So how is everyone? How's grandma and grandpa? Carli you start work soon? That's awesome! Good luck! How's Sharp's Tarps? And I'll bet Lauren and Carli are glad the end of school is coming up soon. Are all of the kiddos doing good? I hope so! And I hope you all get better soon! Thanks for all of the prayers and support you've given, they've definitely shown through the time I've been here. Carli, could you send me all of the mission addresses of our friends who are out please? And to all of my friends, I love you all, and I would love to hear from you! And to my friends who are preparing to serve, keep going strong. There really is nothing better you could be doing right now than serving the Lord. I love you all! Keep me updated on everything that's going on, and I'll keep you updated as well. Chook dii!
 
Love, Elder Sharp
 
P.S. DearElder.com is great, so write me on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment