Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 20, 2012

Dear Family,

Sawad dii khrab! How are you?! I'm doing fantastic. Thank you so much
for all of the letters and dear elders and packages I've been getting.
I'm so lucky to have the family and friends that I do. Mom, the rice
krispies were fantastic, and so were the oreos Carli and Landon.
Delicious! So what's new? Everything's great here in the MTC. The
language is coming along great! I can have somewhat of a normal
conversation, and I'm beginning to learn to read and write in script
(Thai language). It's crazy hard, but cool. Apparently my district is
way farther ahead of the Phii Thais (older Thais) were at this point.
It's crazy that all 16 of the Phii Thais will be gone in a couple
weeks and then it'll just be the 7 in my district. So, we taught our
investigator a couple more times, and then he said he was going back
to Thailand for a funeral of his uncle. Turns out...Top wasn't an
investigator, he's one of our teachers! It was funny to realize we all
got punked (I kinda figured he was a member anyway, who would trust
new missionaries with real investigators haha). His name is Brother
Chiu, and he's great. We're learning a lot from him and Brother Olsen.
Now we're teaching both of them as investigators. Bro. Olsen as Phii
Dom, and Bro. Chiu as Phii Pragad. I'll let you know how things go.
Sunday night, E Bruce McIff of the MTC presidency spoke in the
fireside. It was a great talk about being healthy as a missionary, and
one point I really liked was "Choosing to be Happy." So that's what
I'm trying to  do. Even when things get tough, I'm choosing to be
happy instead of it getting me down.
Me and my companions and the other compainonship in my district have
been working out a lot lately, trying to get Buom (swollen in Thai).
We want to put on some muscle before we go. I'm feelin' good about it.
That, along with all I've been eating, I've gained 5 lbs! (The food
here isn't as great as it was in the beginning, but I'm still piling
it in). I'm almost to 160, never been that high in my life. Yeah
buddy!
Me and Elder Cox taught the District meeting lesson on Sunday. It was
on the Holy Ghost so we lead a discussion out of PMG. It was really
great, and the Spirit was way strong. We've grown really close as a
district, and we all love each other.
I'm so glad to hear that everyone's starting to feel better! Hopefully
it goes away for good! I'm starting to get a small sore throat, but
hopefully it goes away quick (pray for me!).
Last Tuesday, they passed out a survey in choir to see what kind of
experience people had in singing. You know what that means...GENERAL
CONFERENCE! I'll let you know if I get in, it would be so sweet!
Book of Mormon challenge is coming along great. Mom and Brooke, great
to hear you're doing it with me! If anyone else is, I'd love to know.
Can you believe this weather? It went from so nice to so cold! Why?!
At least it's hot in Thailand. We went to the temple this morning, and
we all about died walking up there. But I love the temple. I took my
Patriarchal blessing with me, and I got so many insights and
promptings while I was reading it in the Celestial Room. It was
amazing!
So what's going on in sports? I've heard the Duke and Mizzou both got
upset in the first round, and that BYU lost. Marquette, huh mom?
Interesting. That's sweet though! I've also heard Peyton is going to
the Broncos. Please tell me that's not true. I could not stomach being
a Denver fan. Yanks and Utes updatew would be great too.
Carli, how's work?! That's awesome that you're working at Macey's.
Tell everyone you see that I say hello!
Brooke, sounds like Sunday school will be awesome. That's so great!
I'm sure you and Derek will love every minute of it. And it sounds
like the boys are ready for summer, be sure and keep me updated on
Linc's golfing.
Lauren, sounds like mom and Brooke gave you a great surprise by
visting you. Oh and....HAPPY BIRTHDAY (tomorrow)!!!!!!!!! I hope you
have a fantastic day.
All my other sibs, hope evertyhikng's good with all of you and your
kiddos! Be sure and keep me updated on all there sports and dancing
and evertyhing else they do!
Lance, Happy Birthday today Bro!!!!! Big One-Seven. That's crazy! Hope
it's a good one!
Kyle, congrats on the farewell talk! I heard it was awesome. I can't
wait until you get in here! You'll love it!
Red and VK, can't wait until you're in here too! It's so awesome.
Prest and Lando, Keep getting ready, and let me know where you're going!
T-Rope, congrats on the call man! Calgary, Canada won't know what hit them.
To the rest of my friends, thanks for all of the support, love ya!
A couple things I need... some lotion, and then some spandex shorts or
boxer briefs for gym time. Thanks!
Oh, and Dear Elder is probably the best way to write me, unless you
send an e-mail tuesday morning. But either way is great, snail mail
(and packages ;) ) are great too!
Well I love you all, and I hope all of you are doing well, because I
am! Tell Grandma Sharp and Grandma and Grandpa Buchanan hello for me!

Love, Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment