Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 24, 2012



Hey fam! Sorry this is going to be very late and very short. It's 5:40
right now, and we have to go work at 6. We went to a waterfall today
in NongKhai, about an hour and a half away by bus, then the same time
by truck, so it's been a long day. I can't send pics this week because
my camera died, but I'll get them sent next week for sure.
Tim and Tugta got baptized! I'm so happy for them. It was a great
service yesterday, and they both bore great testimonies afterwards.
They'll be solid members for sure. Seeing them come out of the water
and seeing how happy they were really made me realize the REAL reason
I came out here. To help others come unto Christ. It was an amazing
feeling and Spirit yesterday. I'm gonna miss teaching them. Tim was
one of my favorites, because she reminded of Kathy Jackman for some
reason, so it was like I was teaching one of my best friend's moms.
We haven't been able to see Dia and her family this week. Boom is back
to work on the oil rig, and Dia is way harder to meet with without him
there, especially since we need a male at all of our lessons, but
we'll keep working on her. All of our other investigators are doing
really well! We met another lady named Fon this week, and she will be
awesome! She's really interested about families, so we're teaching her
the Plan of Salvation next. I think she'll love it.
Last monday, I had to go to the hospital to get an ingrown toenail cut
out. Most painful injection I've ever had. You probably would have
gotten a kick out of the face I made when he stuck the needle in my
toe. But at least I didn't faint or lock up!
Yes, I played the piano again, and yes I messed up again, but at least
I'm still trying! And don't worry Laur, I found a simplified book at
our house the other day, so I'm going to practice out of it for sure.
The missionaries sang "I believe in Christ" on 5 mins. notice in
Sacrament again. Gosh, they gotta stop doing that to us, we do NOT
sing that good. But it was a cool experience again.
Ok...dog isn't dead (fortunately, unfortunately?). We saw it today.
It's just as perky as ever! I'm glad, but kinda bummed because it's
not as cool of a story now. Oh well.
Can you believe I've been here over a month already? This time here is
flying! Way faster than the MTC. This is going to be a fast two years.
That is a sweet chain, Car! Haha I can't believe you actually made it.
Very, very nice.
Anyway, gotta wrap up. Sounds like Brooke and Laur and the boys are
having an awesome time in Oregon. Say hi to everyone for me! Mom and
Dad, thanks so much for your e-mails, they always make my day so much
better. Sounds like you are completely changing the yard around.
CRAZY! Send some pics if you get the time. Car, thanks for the pics
and e-mails. I hope everything is going great. Love ya twin!
Well, sorry again. I will definitley be better next week.
By the way, we have a new mission address. If anybody has already sent
stuff, I'm sure it'll get to me, but here it is:
1645/6 New Petchburee Road
Maggasan, Ratchatewee
Bangkok 10400
I love you all!
Love, Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment