Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013

Yeah, I don't have a new comp or area. Hey Family, how's it going? Well, I'm still in Khon Kaen with Elder Angkham, and happy about it. We were not expecting to stay together. But we are, and we're going to keep things rolling. Once again, the week flew. Had some great lessons with investigators, and also had some rough times inviting. We just did not have any great success at finding new investigators on our own this week. Not going to lie, I'm glad the two weeks of required inviting are over, but it was a good experience, being able to testify of Christ, and I'm sure we'll be blessed for being obedient. Our investigators are doing good, like I said. Some not as good as I had hoped, but solid all around. The strongest one right now is Gung (thanks to all of your prayers, especially if Lando prays for him everyday). He is scheduled to be baptized this Saturday! Keep the prayers coming, please! We taught him a few times this past week, focusing on the priesthood, and he came to church yesterday, so he should be good to go for his interview on Thursday. Boo was confirmed yesterday, which is awesome. I wish they would get married ha. It would make staying active so much easier for them. Ari is the one who isn't doing as good as I had hoped. He's smoked a couple of times the past week. So sad, because he had been off for so long. But I still have a ton of faith that he can quit. We went to teach him one night, and we got there just before he got home from work. His wife told us that he had smoked 3 cigarettes that day, so we wanted to see if he would say anything about it. We ate dinner with them first, and were planning on asking about his smoking afterwards. Just before we started eating though, he came out with it. He said he felt so horrible for doing it, and really wanted to fix it. I was so happy. He didn't try to lie or cover it up or anything, and sincerely wants to change. Unfortunately, he smoked another on Saturday, and wasn't able to come to church yesterday. We'll probably have to change his date to the 3rd of August. We got another investigator this week, Sis. Bay. She is the friend of one of the members, Sis. Briaw. She's learned everything already with past missionaries, but was never baptized. I can tell that we'll have to re-teach everything, but if she keeps the commitments we extend, she should be ready to go on the 3rd as well. We weren't able to meet with Pinky again, hopefully this week. 
The District is a little different. Elder Quinn moved, and Elder Ellsworth got a new greenie, Elder Proctor. I swear I know him. He looks very familiar, and says he moved from WJ to Herriman when he was 8. Kalasin got a sister companionship, so now they are their own District. I'm just over the Khon Kaen Elders now. Kinda happy about it, makes it a little less stressful. 
On the 4th of July, me and Elder Angkham didn't get to go dwon to Bangkok, so the branch threw a little Independence day celebration. Hot dogs and fireworks and all. Plus, they made me sing the National Anthem by myself. That is a HARD song to sing! Way fun though. 
Sounds like your week was great. I'm sure the reunion was a blast, make sure and send some pics. 

Well, gotta go. The Church is True!
Love, Elder Sharp





No comments:

Post a Comment