Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August 19, 2012





Hey Fam and Friends! Elder Sharp here. Crazy past week (as you could
probably tell from the title of my email). On Tuesday, me and E. Raven
had to go up to Nong Khai to interview a couple of people for baptism.
On our way back, we got the call about transfers, and oh boy, we were
not expecting what hit us. Both me and E. Raven would be moving and
they would be white-washing our area. Crazy! We white-washed when I
came in, and now they are doing it again two transfers later. Sis.
Carper and Sis. Yaowaret (this sisters in our branch) would also be
white washing, so Udon Branch 1 got four new missionaries. The Lord
works in mysterious ways. They also opened up a second area in Nong
Khai, which was pretty cool. It was a shock though, getting the news
that I was leaving. I was about 90% sure I was staying, so whenever we
had been saying good bye to people this last week, it was always E.
Raven saying it "for the last time." Kind of a bummer for me! But it
turned out ok. Tuesday night, we went and taught English class in
Kumps. I was really sad to say good bye to that, because it was
starting to do so well (we had 25 people). And saying goodbye to the
Kumps members was sad, I had some good friends there. We went back to
Udon that night so that we could start getting our stuff together.
Wednesday was pretty much just packing, running errands, paying bills,
and making sure the house and area book were good to go when the new
Elders got there. That night, we all met at the church to wait for the
bus that was going to take us to Bangkok. A bunch of members and
recent converts and investigators came to celebrate, take pictures,
and see us off. It was so sad having to say goodbye to them!
Especially Tugta, Nooy, and Nadin since I helped them get baptized.
Can't wait to go back after my mission and talk to them. Pres. Sxa and
Bro. Jack (ward mission leader) were also hard to say bye to. We got
on a bus at about 11 and headed out, getting into Bangkok around 7. It
was a sweet transfers meeting, because Pres. Senior didn't tell anyone
who was training, District, or Zone leader until about an hour before,
so it was a shock for everyone. E. Raven in training again! (Good luck
man). During the meeting, Pres. Senior had a big projector that would
show the area you were going to serve in, a picture of you, and a pic
of your comp. I was near the end, so the suspense was killing me.
Finally it came! I'm in a city called Buriram in the southern part of
the Isan. It's about half-way in size between Udon and Kumps. My
companion's name is Elder Segura. He's from LA area in Cali, and he's
legit! I'm really going to enjoy working with him. I'll send you a pic
next week. We are both loving Buriram. We're white-washing this area
as well, so it's an adjustment for both of us. Church yesterday was
great (and I get to be the pianist again. Oh boy). We've just been
trying to get to know some of the members and investigators the past
couple of days, and then we'll hit it hard this week. The house is
good. Smaller than Udon, and quite a bit cleaner which is nice (and I
actually have a bedframe!). I'll give you more details as they come
next week. P.S. Apparently Buriram has the best soccer team in
Thailand, so that's pretty cool I guess. I'll have to get myself a
jersey.

Well, better get going. Love you all!
Love, Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment