Monday, October 29, 2012

October 15, 2012

Hello Fam and Friends! How are you all? I'm doing great here. This was
kind of a different week, but I loved being able to watch conference.
I didn't have the chance to watch it all on Saturday and Sunday, so we
got permission to finish up what we missed today. Just barely
finished. I'll tell about the week, then talk about conference.
Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty much spent at the hospital. Elder
Segura had an intestinal infection during the floods last year and was
really sick. He's felt better for a while, but now he thinks it's
coming back, and the doctors think so too. So we'll be back to the
hospital again in a couple of weeks for tests. Those were LONG days.
Tuesday night we had English class. It was fun, but only about 7
people came, and they were all former students. It's a major bummer
that the class isn't helping bring in investigators, but as soon as
somebody new comes, we'll be right on it. Thursday night, I had to go
to the dentist to have a chipped tooth repaired. Big hole chipped out
when I was eating a pretzel, weird. Anyway, it wasn't too bad until
they started working on me. They put a cloth over my face with a hole
where the mouth was, so I couldn't see anything. I was TERRIFIED! You
know me. Luckily nothing hurt, and no needles (thank goodness!). I now
have a pretty new molar. Friday, we went to Surin to interview one of
their investigators for baptism, she passed. Saturday, we watched a
couple sessions of conference in the morning, then went inviting in
the afternoon. We got one less, a 17-year-old kid. He seemed pretty
interested, we're going to try and see him again. Sunday, two more
sessions of conference (for some reason the members didn't want to
stick around and watch the last session, weird), then we went with
Sis. Rose to visit a guy named Pian. He's an LA who could be a
potential ward leader in the future. Sis. Rose bore a very powerful
testimony, and I think he might come back to church next week. Pray
for him! Conference was AWESOME! My favorite talks were Holland's (of
course), Eyring's about the pavilion, Bednar's, and Pres. Monson's
about looking at all of our small blessings and "never post-poning a
prompting." Holland's was so great! It's like he was chastising me and
"my soul was harrowed up" (that's how it always feels when he speaks
right?) but I loved it! It makes me want to be a better disciple of
Christ. Eyring's really stuck out to me, but it's so apparent how many
pavilion's we can put in between us and God. We just need to change
our hearts to His will. Bednar's reminded me of another talk that I've
heard him give (can't remember where or when) but I love when he tells
us that we need to be converted unto the Lord, not just have a
testimony. Knowing the Gospel is true is a testimony. Conversion is
consistently being true to what you know. Pres. Monson's was great,
because we all have so many small blessings in our lives that we take
for granted. We need to appreciate all of them. Elder Andersen's was
also really good. Everyone has trials, but trials are meant to build
us up if we exercise our faith. Ether 12:6. Ah this conference was so
great. I can't wait until we get the Liahona so that I can read all of
the talks again. Carli, re-read Elder Nelson's talk as well as the one
I told you about. Ooy is getting baptized Sunday! Still not sure about
Mii.
Sounds like everything in Utah is going swell. I'm going to have two
new nephews/nieces within 6 months! Yeah buddy. Keep me updated!
Well, gotta go. Love ya! The Church is true!
Love, Elder Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment