Sunday, October 14, 2012

October 8, 2012


Hello Fam and Friends! Wow, what awesome news huh? The AP's texted all
of the Elders yesterday once it happened. I can't wait until I can
actually see the announcement next week. There are going to be SO many
missionaries, and I honestly think that the number of sister
missionaries will at least double. They won't have all this down time
to go to school or get married. I'm seriously freaking out right now!
Everyone is going to be gone! You know most of the 17-year-old high
school boys had anxiety attacks when they heard the news. You'll have
to let me know everyone that is now planning on serving.
This last week here was pretty solid, got some good stuff done. Monday
night once we started working again, we went to this big temporary
market thing that was out in front of city hall. We were planning on
handing out some pass-along-cards and trying to get some numbers, but
then we noticed that they were starting to do a bunch of Buddhist
rituals, so we peaced out of there quick. Tuesday was a bummer during
the day. We went out to lunch (at the hospital of all places), and
Elder Segura all a sudden got really sick. We hurried home and stayed
there for the rest of the day until English class. I like this area,
but it seriously is cursed when it comes to sickness ha. English Class
was good. E. Segura still wasn't feeling so hot, so I taught the whole
thing. I really do enjoy it. Ay was there again, hilarious as ever.
He's just so proud of the way he can speak. Still couldn't get any
priesthood there so we couldn't teach. Frustrating, but oh well.
Wednesday, we went to Surin for District meeting again. After the
meeting ended, we spent the time waiting for our tuk tuk trying to
catch a giant lizard in the kitchen. We failed, and I'm sure you can
all imagine how "brave" I was. When we got back to Buriram, we picked
up mail, ate, and then went to teach Sis. Ooy. We had to wait for a
little bit for her son to get home so that we would have a male there,
so in the meantime she fed us a giant plate of fried rice. I thought I
was going to puke, I was already way full. Elder Segura basically did
puke. He was drinking water, and I made him laugh, so it all came out
his nose. All over her porch floor. Don't worry, she didn't see haha.
The lesson was really good. We covered the Gospel, preparing her for
the interview the next day. Thursday, we did switchoffs with the zone
leaders in Buriram. I was with Elder Siperley and we went inviting all
day. It was fun though. We talked to this guy from the UK named Peter.
It's funny, all of the farangs here just don't like Thailand (except
the missionaries of course). Anyway, we talked to him for about half
an hour and invited him to read the Book of Mormon on lds.org. I home
he tries it out. That night Sis. Ooy got interviewed. She passed! So
stoked. We were going to try and have the service on Saturday, because
we realized that she wouldn't be able to get confirmed next week
because of conference, but it was just too much to get going in less
than two days, so we switched it to the 20th of this month. Mii didn't
get interviewed because she hasn't gotten legally married yet. Bummer
:( She'll get there though. Friday, we had Ooy come and try on suits,
then we went to a kid Fuy's house. He's an LA, about 20, he's cool.
He's made our Q&A flier for us. After that, I started to get really
hot and had a bad headache, so we went home about an hour early and I
crashed. Saturday we did long-planning, went to Fuy's again to get the
flier, and then went back home because I was feeling horrible again.
Cursed I tell ya. Sunday I was feeling a lot better. Church was good.
Got to play the piano and bear my testimony. Great blessing. That
night, we went back and tried to visit a guy we contacted on Thursday,
but he wasn't home. We ran to the branch president's house to get a
new key for the church (I broke the lock, whoops!), then headed home.
Tonight, we are going to take Sis Rose out to eat with some other
members. Today is her 2 year mark away from home in the Philippines,
so she's been kind of sad lately. We just wanna cheer her up a little.
Can't wait for next Sunday! Sis. Rose is downloading conference in
English so we can watch it.
Sounds like everything at home is going great. Sounds like conference
weekend was awesome. A couple of you have said Elder Holland's talk
was great, can't wait to hear it.
Everyone else, write me and tell me who's going on a mission. Love you
all!
Well gotta go. The Church is True! Love you!
Elder Sharp
Pics of me, Fuy, E. Segura, Sis. Tengmo (center), and Sis. Rose (far right)



No comments:

Post a Comment