Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 2, 2013

Hey Family and Friends, how's it going? What a long, yet fast week. It feels like I was just barely e-mailing last week, and yet almost everyday here seemed to drag on forever. This week was mainly filled with moving stuff over from our old house to our new, and organizing it all, but it's finally (almost) done. There were a few really good things that happened though. On Wednesday, we had Zone conference. Ha I gotta show off my new suit. Anyway, we got some great instruction from the AP's, zone leader, and Pres. and Sis. Senior. The Ap's first focused on "The Small and Simple things." It was a great lesson, and really put some things in perspective. They showed how important doing the little things are. We've always heard it. In church, in sports, in school, that doing the little things is what brings us success (and how the little things are really the big things). But, of course, they always go back to being the "little" (unimportant) things, and we lose our focus, and the results. They made us commit to writing down and doing the little things that we need to work on. It reminded me of a quote that Mom sent me in one of her letters, that went something like "Cherish the little things in life, because one day you'll look back and realize that they were the big things." And it's true, especially in missionary work. The little things bring success. After that, Pres. Senior and Sis. Senior talked about using time wisely and making back-up plans (which is one of the little things that I need to work on), and then the rest of the time was focused on repentance. I learned a lot of great things, and gained another great testimony of the important of true repentance. It's something that we all need to do everyday. And it's not just stopping doing something or confessing a sin. It's a change of heart. That's the hard part, but through the Atonement, it's ALWAYS possible. Thursday was a LONG one. A few of our appointments fell through, and so all we ended up doing all day was long-planning and moving stuff. It was needed, but man I am sick of moving. Mom and Dad, thank you for never making me move when I was growing up. Friday was great. We had a couple of good lessons. One with Bro. Lek, a recent-convert who had missed a couple of weeks of church. I don't think he wanted to miss though, he was just sick and had stuff at his daughter's school. He's the most humble person I've ever met, and it felt great to help strengthen his testimony. The other was with Soda, a good lesson on the Gift of the Holy Ghost. She was confirmed on Sunday! So awesome, and she also helped us teach Sis. Fuse, who we're hoping will be baptized sometime mid-April. So...I didn't know Sunday was Easter until I got to the church...so I didn't wear my tie or anything. Whoops! I was expecting it to be in April, so I didn't even think about it. Luckily I was able to pound out "He is Risen" from the simplified book in Sacrament Meeting. It was a really great Sunday though. I'm so grateful for the Atonement, and the way that none of us have to fear death, because the bands have been broken by Christ. I know that He truly is risen. Sunday night we had our "Easter Party" haha. It was a great time coloring cookies (and yes Laur, we did eat them. Not too bad) and doing our puzzles, while shooting around on our basketball hoop. Thanks for the package! It made for a great but definitely "silly" Easter. I got it on Wednesday and the Taffy cookies were gone by Friday. The investigators that we have, for the most part, are still pretty solid. Soda was confirmed, so she is now a recent convert. We did talk to her about her mom, but she thinks that her brother would have more of a chance of being an investigator right now. I just say, why not the whole package? I'll keep you updated on what happens there. Dukadan is still doing really good. She wasn't able to meet this last week, because she was sick all week, but she did come to all of church, so I'm happy. Please keep praying for her! Fuse is going again. We hadn't been able to meet with her in a very long time, but finally got to on Sunday. So we're really hoping that her and Soda become really good friends, because there just are not that many solid strong YW in the ward right now. They could really keep each other going. We gave Fuse a new date! April 14. Might be after that, but if she does her part then it's possible. The bad news from this week: Boss has kind of dropped off the radar. After teaching him about the LofC and needing to be legally married, he's just been kind of avoiding us. He did come to church last Sunday, but not yesterday. And he's cancelled one appointment that we had, and then just never showed up to the next one, and we haven't been able to contact him since. I don't know what's up. Please pray for him. It's so weird to me, but the marriage thing is a problem for a lot of people. 
Sorry that this is coming a little late, yesterday we had to go into Asoke to walk in a parade (which we never got to actually do) and by the time we got back we didn't have time to finish before we had to go visit Dan. Anyway, yesterday we finally moved all the rest of our junk over to the new house. Now we just need to get it organized. Oh and I'm sending a picture of my new suit...I am just not photogenic, so focus on the suit instead of my face. I also got a fitted shirt with cuff-links ha. Today is just a day of cleaning the old house, organizing the new, and planning out English...so excited. But I think we should have some new investigators at English class tonight. This "transfer" is winding down to a close (since it's only 4 weeks). Crazy. I'm going to miss working with Elder King, he's a boss. But I'm also really excited to get my greenie. Pray for me!
Well, gotta go. The Church is True! 
Love, Elder Sharp







No comments:

Post a Comment