Monday, April 1, 2013

March 18, 2013




Thonburi. Hey Family and Friends! How's it going? Yeah, I'm still in Thonburi and lovin' it. Transfers #8. My investigators are doing pretty good, and I'm really liking my new companion. I'll tell you about him in a minute. Today we went downtown to the market where the shop is that all the Elders get suits at. Got my first one! It's gonna beFresh. I'll send you a picture of it once I pick it up next week. We're also gonna celebrate a next week with a little bit of some Krispy Kreme (the only one in Thailand) so I'll let you know how that goes. This last week was a solid one, with a lot of crazy stuff that happened. Mostly having to do with transfers. The first cool thing that we did this last week though happened on Tuesday. We went and did a zone service activity at a school for handicapped and disabled kids. Basically we just got to go hang out and play with them (I don't know how we swung that one, because it's technically against the rules in the white handbook ha). It was way fun though. Me, Elder Oakeson, and Elder Bartling were in the nursery room with all of the 2-4- year-olds. The kids were absolutely hilarious, and at the end we got to sing them some primary songs, and some sisters came in and joined us. Great time. I'll attach a pic from it. I also had a really spiritual experience from going to the school, but it didn't really have anything to do with the service. When we with all the missionaries in the cafeteria, I took out my camera to get some pics. Well, I had put my other SD card in my case (the one that has 90% of the pics from my mission), and when I pulled out my camera, it must have fallen out without me noticing. I realized it later that night when we were home and I was devastated. I prayed hard, called the school the next day, but they couldn't find it. I almost just gave up, but then I remembered Carli's story from her letter last week about her badge magnet. I knew that if I could have faith like her, then anything was possible. I prayed some more, and decided to call the school back one more time on Saturday. They found it! I went and picked it up today. It was nothing less than a miracle. Thanks Car for your example and faith. It really strengthened mine. Wednesday, we had our last District meeting. It was kind of sad because 3 of the 4 people in our district moved. I was the only one left. That night we met with Dukadan one last time before E. Oakeson left. We talked about showing faith and talking to her parents about baptism. She committed to go home and call them that night, and she did. Her mom was ok, her dad rejected it. She was way sad, and we were too. We were able to meet with her again yesterday and talk about what her plan was. She wants to wait a little bit and see if her dad softens his heart. I have faith that he can, but if he doesn't, I hope she doesn't wait before it's too late. Pray for her! Thursday was the big day. We loaded up E. Oak's stuff and headed to the church that we were meeting at. Elder Oakeson was a good comp, and I'm definitely going to miss him. But I got another awesome one in return. His name is Elder King, and he's a ridiculously hard worker, and we're going to have a lot of success togther. He's only on transfers 4, so I'm the senior companion. Also, I got made District leader. I was a little stressed about that, but then I realized that they completely pulled missionaries out of Bang Khae, so it's only a 2-man district. Pretty easy. District meetings will probably be a little awkward though ha. This transfer is only 4 weeks long because of the changes that are happening all over the world, and next transfer we are getting 35 or 36 new missionaries. Pres. Senior decided to announce the trainers for them at the meeting, and I'm one of them! Wow. I'm stoked to train, but the stressful thing is that I probably won't stay in Thonburi, which means that I'd be white-wash training. Oh man. Probably gonna be a little rough, but I'll do whatever I'm asked to! Sorry, I don't have a picture of me and Elder King yet, I'll get one next week. Once we got back to Thonburi on Thursday, the Zone leaders met us there and interviewed Soda for baptism. Unfortunately she didn't pass this time, but they'll interview her again this coming Thursday, and should still be ready to go on Sunday! On Friday we met with Boss. He's still way awesome, and basically taught US the Plan of Salvation. He still hasn't quite gotten over smoking yet, so we had to move his date to April 7. He's working hard though, and should be good to go on that date. We weren't able to meet with Fuse this last week, but hopefully sometime this coming week. She'll have to move her date too though. But I still have faith that all of them will be baptized, whether it's sooner or later. Yesterday was a really good Sunday. The Bishop gave a great talk about member missionary work (he's a boss, and has been doing that a lot lately), and I got to translate at the pulpit for the high councilman again. I prayed a lot harder this time, and didn't lock my knees, and it went great. As for finding a new house...we got it! It's the really nice one, and we're moving in on April 1st (and no, it's not an April Fool's joke). I'll send you pictures once we're in. Thanks for all your prayers!
So how's it going back at home? Weather is finally staying consistent? Happy Birthday Brandt and Laur and Lance! Hope you had/have a great one! 
Well, gotta go. Love you all and the Church is True!
Love,
Elder Sharp
เอ็ลเดอร์ชาร์ป

No comments:

Post a Comment